My Association with GlobalTek Inc :
Good things About GlobalTek Inc :
I am leaving this space with no points at the risk of looking biased but I really cant think of a positive thing here.
Not so good things About GlobalTek Inc :
1. HR, who is often your only contact to this company, is the worst. I did not get the pay check 35 days after the end of the month (for example for the month of January 2007, I did not get a paycheck until March, 5th 2007). When I asked HR she said it was already sent (after not answering many calls and not returning many voice messages and not answering many emails), but after 3 days someone else from the company called (March 8th 2007) and said they just mailed (post) it because direct deposit system had some problem. Blatant lies most the time.
2. Last year, even though my friends got approved for H1-B the checks (for H1B fees) they provided bounced and USCIS sent them a notice telling them to pay within 14 days. They did not even care to read that letter, even though my friend had told them about the status update he saw online. They said we are looking into it, don't worry!! But H1 was revoked. Complete lethargy (later I found out another girl also went through the same problem).
3. Last summer when we were anxious about our H1-B's no-one and I mean NO ONE from the company returned our calls for weeks together. We did not know for several months whether they applied for our H1's or not. If they said they applied we did not even get the acknowledgment number.They do not care for the employees what so ever.
4. They do not pay on bench (which puts you out of status immediately according to USCIS law).. they recently sent home people who were on bench for many months.
5. Marketting is average, nothing really great about them.
Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company. There are more things I cannot write about for reasons I cannot explain. If you read this and still joined Globaltek, you deserve what they do to you!
Please go to murthy.com forums and educate yourself about what a consulting company should and should not do. You can find 1000 shady consulting companies like Globaltek but if you get into trouble only you are to blame.
On a sad note, I have been searching for one good consulting company (which runs within the frame work of USCIS and the US immigration laws) for many days now and haven't been able to find any one. It is just disheartening to see all this abuse!
BOTTOMLINE: Stay away!
Review Submitted on : 17/02/2009