Tips On Hassle Free Relocation. Part 3
1. AR 11 form to be submitted (through post) for the
a. This is a Federal Law for aliens to notify the
b. Can be downloaded from USCIS.
2. Notify DMV office within 10(check with the state DMV law) days of arrival to the new place. Meanwhile ask how to obtain driving license.
3. Keep all the receipts of your expenses. To submit for reimbursement in case your company provides or else you can claim tax deduction.
4. Searching for an apartment.
c. Take suggestions from friends who are already there in that area. Before going to a visit make sure you take an appointment. In most places to visit the premises, they need ID of yours and your spouse. Carry the same
d. Lease term vary from place to place, ask about it in detail.
f. Ask whether the particular community is covered by renters insurance. This helps in property and liability coverage in case of damages.
g. Enquire about the waste and water charges. At some communities these charges are fixed and at some places it is variable and higher.
h. If you are looking for a particular school district, before taking the apartment ask whether your apartment comes under the school district. Do not get surprised to see that only a portion of the community is covered under the school district.
i. Ask for minimum cleaning charges during your move out. This is the charge that is supposed to be borne by the community but in some states it is imposed upon the renter.
j. Do the move in inspection in time and keep a copy with you before giving it back to the leasing office.
5. While taking new Utility connections, always ask where there is any non refundable deposit and is there any cancellation charges.
6.After settling in, time to ask the mover to start moving your stuff. This might take a week or so to arrive. Same is the case of car moving.
7. While you receive your items from the movers make sure things are in good shape. Just do a quick visual inspection. In case of the car, make sure you drive it before making the final payment.
8. After making final payment, get that amount mentioned in the receipts taken before moving.